Thursday, July 16, 2009

What I've been up to now that I'm unemployed

My glads are blooming by the garage - we planted 100 bulbs we picked up at Sam's. They are a weedy mess - hopefully Keith can sneak out some mulch from work for free and make them look better.

The garden is also weedy, as the crabgrass has snuck up on me. I'm going to go out there today with some soap & vinegar - I heard it will kill weeds if it touches the leaves. (But I will stay away from my real plants!!!) I have two tomato plants that are doing very well and I ate my first grape tomato this week. We also took off a big bell pepper.

Yesterday morning, I helped a neighbor search for her dog that ran away when she let go of the leash. Her dogs are ALWAYS getting loose, but I felt bad just sitting on my butt drinking my coffee on my porch watching her. I ended up taking a second walk for the day and never found the stinkin' dog.

I've been doing some stuff in the yard - Mowed lawn for the first time in years. Didn't run into too many things with that zero-turn radius thing.... hee hee.

And of course, the sewing...I've been working on the layered tank top view of THIS. I had some fabric (below) I bought a couple weeks ago at Wal-Mart for $2 a yard. Should be cute when I'm done.




No comments: