Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My New Ride


Since Frenchie has been getting awfully ill in the past few months, we decided against paying his hospital bills yet again and sprang for a new vehicle. You know, it's a good think Keith hasn't decided that he's had enough of paying for my hospital bills... And yes, mom & dad, I am feeling much better after getting out last week. :-) Though I wasn't feeling so good about the mess I came home to after getting out, however I will say that this time it wasn't as bad as other times I have come out of the hospital. Someday Keith just may be trained well enough to survive on his own!
Anyway, I purchased a new car...err...vehicle. For those of you unhip to know what it is, it's a '06 Scion xB. Basically it's what you get when you mate a Toyota Camry with a Toaster. It's a 5 speed and is very zippy around town (though it was some work to get through the drive through at McDonalds this morning...) has a CD Player (that plays mp3s!), fold down seats so you can probably fit in a 9 foot kayak (no kidding...) and Keith's favorite part - the SUNROOF/MOONROOF! I never realized why people request them, but after driving to work with it open the past few days (jamming to the CDs...) I can now understand. It's like a pre work party all by myself. I've found that I am much more productive this week. :-) And don't worry about me leaving it open during the day - the thing is so smart it knows to shut the sunroof when I take the keys out of the ignition.
I don't think I mentioned the best part, either! It's supposed to get 35 mpg highway/31 mpg city. Yeay!
Yes, I know some people will think it's just the stupidest looking thing I could drive, but we think they're kind of cute. Our sales lady said they refer to them as "Toasters." I think some day I'm going to have to get some personalized plates for it, becuase it it just screaming out for one!





No comments: