Sunday, April 20, 2008

Quakes and Dogs and Tulips, Oh My!!

First things first. No, we did not feel the first earthquake that hit Southern Illinois (we slept through our first earthquake!), but I felt what was the 2nd earthquake or an aftershock last Friday morning (Keith was on a mower, so he didn't feel a thing). The only way I felt that one was because I was staring at my monitor and it started shaking back and forth - woo, did it make me dizzy!

Since last Wednesday, we have been dogsitting Meg & April, Amberley & Reed's two dogs. Oh what fun they are... We have had a few issues with poop & urine from someone - well, I think all of the critters in the house. Just not enough toilets for all of us, I guess.

Our anniversary was last Wednesday. We played minigolf, and ate out and then got some custard ice cream - yummy! Look at these beautiful flowers from my mom & dad. They are tulips - they remembered what flowers we had at our wedding!



There are lots of tulips and flowers blooming around here, including the dogwood trees. They are so pretty! We mowed our lawn for the first time today, and I will say that even as crappy as it looks, I think it looks better than when we moved in!! Today it was so nice we drove the motorcycle to Hannibal to wander down their down town. I forgot how much reaction we get from people! It is kind of fun to see their smile get even bigger when Keith honks his A-UUU-ga horn!

No comments: